I've spent the better part of the last four hours judging awards submissions from around the world (social media category).
Before I forget, here are five things that are worth knowing as you write any awards submission.
- Don't assume the judge knows anything about you, your brand, your market, your competition, your customer. Very likely we don't.
- Less is more. Resist the urge to use a smaller font to cram more words in. Edit yourself ruthlessly. Please.
- Both early and often, state your objectives and results. Together, every time. Many times. Clearly.
- Do not pass up the chance to submit video support as part of the submission. It works, for a million reasons.
- Teach me, the judge, something interesting. Something I can pass on to friends or colleagues. Just keep this in mind when crafting your case.