A few observations from my first seven work days at Tap.Me. In no particular order ...
- Things move fast. Real fast. Not just the pace, but the rate at which decisions are made.
- I've probably worked the same amount of hours as I always have, but it seems like I'm getting a lot more done. Probably a result of the following two bullets.
- Less meetings. Likely a result of the company employing a lot less people than my last job. Just a smaller pool of potential meeting attendees.
- Less administrative duties. No time sheets is a great example.
- Massive sense of pride in what we're doing. People have been here much longer than I have, and they feel an incredible sense of ownership. Heartening. After only a week I'm starting to feel it.
- Hoodies and noise-cancelling headphones are the uniform. I have the latter, and need to stock the former.
Still finding my way. Having a blast.