Convincers have no desire to be in the spotlight. Or more accurately, they are OK with others being in the spotlight instead. This is crucial - not letting ego drive behavior.
So to recap, convincers:
- Let others have the spotlight
- Suspend their own agendas
- Are more pragmatic than dogmatic.
- Posses the business acumen to understand, articulate and provide a POV on the client's/prospect's business challenges.
- Demonstrate high emotional intelligence. They can read the room so to speak.
- Don't fall in love with their own ideas [or their agency's ideas].
- Are strong enough to stand up to the thinkers when ideas - no matter how brilliant - are not appropriate for the situation.
- Are sensitive to the considerations articulated by the doers, but aren't afraid to push for more with less.
I have an idea for finding and interviewing some convincers. I'm sure you are all on the edge of your seat.