Had the pleasure of attending the Word of Mouth Marketing Association conference [WOMMA-U] this past week in Miami.
The prevalent themes were very clear:
- "Campaign" is a four-letter-word. It's all about conversation.
- Brands cannot succeed in social media or WOMM without committing to listening.
- WOMM measurement is still a work-in-progress, but strides are being made.
If you're interested in reading my posts from the conference, check them out on the Ogilvy PR Digital Influence blog. More recapping than analysis, but perhaps a nugget or two you might find interesting.
- MySpace or Facebook (or Both)
- Proving the Value of WOMM to Your Stakeholders
- Empowering Consumers With Local Knowledge
Also, here's a link to my #WOMMA related Tweets. I tried my best - with a few exceptions - to make them more than mindless noise.
Would love your feedback on any of the blog posts, or your perspective if you also attended WOMMA-U.