A few things occupying a prominent place in my brain lately [in no particular order and not exhaustive]:
- The Mid-Century Modernist: We are decorating our house, and while I don't love everything featured on the blog, some of the pieces are incredible [like this Cavour Writing Desk by Carl Mollino].
- Twitter: Connecting with interesting people. Engaging in interesting debates. Finding interesting content.
- The Presidential election: Not the candidates themselves, but how passionate everyday people are about this election. I hope it lasts for many elections to come.
- H&M: Just when I think I'm over that place, I find a great slim, black suit for $70. Another $40 in alterations and I've got a winner. While it may be true, as my colleague says, "it'll melt the first time you wear it in the rain," it was only $70! I'm sucked back in. Not sure if the Satorialist would cringe or approve.
- Henry: My 22 month-old's verbal skills amaze and amuse me to no end ["Dis mac-eh-cheese delishus, dadddy"]. As any parent will tell you, watching a kid grow is fascinating.
- Lance Briggs: The Bears linebacker - who often plays 2nd fiddle to Brian Urlacher - is not so quietly turning in an incredible season. His hits are bone-crushing.
- Bruce Springsteen's The Rising: No particular reason, other than over the last year or so I've been very in to Springsteen.
- My lovely and talented sister, Dana, starting her own event-planning business. I would share a link, but site not yet live [will follow up with that later].
What's inspiring you? Please share - always looking for interesting discoveries.